Monday, August 24, 2009

The Day Has Come

Well, I did it.

I dropped my baby off for his first day of kindergarten and I did not cry...in front of him. I cried a bit the night before and a bit in the car after I left him though.

Jake was such a trooper! He was so excited to be there and he had lots of friends in his class with him.

Frosted Mini Wheats (Frosted Milliweeds) the breakfast of kindergarteners!

Don't want to be the stinky kid!

Heading out to the car with our stuff!

Grandma came to watch the other kids so I could drive Jake to school. She's looking a little weepy!

Toting our stuff to class!


We're in the building!


Daddy and Jake heading to find his teacher.


Found his name on the list!


It's our friend Trinity! So happy we have friends in our class!


Taking our seat.


Getting out our new supplies!


This is Jake's teacher, Mrs. Anker.


Look, our friend Trinity sits at our same table!


Saying our final goodbyes. Time for me to leave him. *sniff*


My besties and I all dropped our babies off at kindergarten today. Then we went to Starbucks and had a good cry together. At least we aren't going through this alone!

2 comments:

Michelle's Day said...

WOW! You guys did great!

Raychel said...

He sure looks cute! I can't believe he is in school. It is so easy to see him as the big headed, blue eyed, adorable baby that he was. Now, he is a big boy. Time goes by to fast.