Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Fusion Alaska

Tonight was opening night for Fusion Alaska 2009. Every year at this time, our church hosts this statewide youth conference for three days. Kids come from all over to take classes to help enrich their spiritual lives and every night there is a message and a concert.

Tonight Brandon Heath rocked the house.
Before his concert though, I had the honor of being part of a skit called, "Spiritual Starbucks." Four years of high school drama don't fail me now! I played the part of Customer #2.


Candice and I backstage before our big debuts. She was Customer #3.


Darryl ordering up his Buddha Berry Frap and Hare Krishna cookie.


I opted for the special with a shot of caramel cult and a sprinkling of idolatry. Yum. I also ordered some justified sin biscotti at the last second. All it cost was my eternal soul. What a deal!


Candice tried to order a quad shot of straight up Jesus but the baristo was giving her some trouble. Obviously if they start serving that, nobody will ever thirst again. He tried to talk her out of it but she persisted. That is until she spilled it. Then she realized that it was too much work and trouble and she ordered the special, just like me. Not many people can handle Jesus straight up like that.


Backstage daycare because our husbands were too busy WORKING out in the building somewhere. Darrin was flying a blimp I think.

No comments: