Saturday, August 22, 2009

George Castanza Would Drape Himself In This Cake

On Friday I attempted something epic.

Not only did I bake my very first ever cake from scratch, but I tested it on my wild and crazy friends, some of whom are the most culinary, crafty, Martha Stewart-y people on the planet.

It all started with my cousin...in law. She KEPT posting pictures of these Red Velvet cupcakes she'd been making for all these birthday parties she'd been throwing. They looked so yummy and beautiful! I'd never seen Red Velvet cake before. I was intrigued.

Then my friend Lucy decided to have a girls' night at her house. Then the rest of us realized it was almost her birthday. Then we decided to surprise her with some hooplah. I offered to make the cake and so I did.















My friends said it was WONDERFUL! Or maybe I just have really wonderful friends.

2 comments:

Michelle's Day said...

That looks beautiful and delicious!!!!

J and B said...

Great job, it looks fantastic! Red Velvet is Ben's addiction. I never tried to make the cake, but I've done cupcakes. YUMMy