Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Hot Dog Roast


While my babies have participated in hot dog roasts in the past, it has been a while. For me as well. But I am a roasting master and while I burn dinner every night at home, the skillz needed for cooking over an open flame have never eluded me. So I mentored and assisted and coached and eventually completely took over.

Because they never listen to me.

The following are examples of what not to do.

Don't stand up and dip only the tip of the dog into the open flame. Or the ash for that matter.





DO get low and hold the dog flat over the hot coals, turning slowly.


Jake adopted the low stance but not the patience and perseverance needed to fully cook the dog. So I took over.


And it was gooooood.




Hurray for mustard on your arm!

No comments: