Friday, June 24, 2011

Seattle Aquarium

Still plugging away at blogging these Seattle adventures!



One of the things we did was visit the Seattle Aquarium. The last time we’d been there, Jake was this small:


My friend Jenn and her husband and son met us downtown for some aquarium fun and we were pleasantly surprised to see that it had been hugely expanded. Well, I was surprised. Jenn’s family comes quite often with their family pass. Speaking of the family pass, we were able to get us all in for FREE! Which was awesome because it would have cost my family about $60 to get in. I kind of ruined the blessing by getting a $40 parking ticket though...


Right as you walk in you see a huge 2 story wall of water full of fish. This was new. And awesome.


The “dome” is really the highlight of the whole experience and we arrived just in time for the feeding show. Neat.






We goofed off a little bit near the otter and seal exhibits.


Posing and stuff.





Jenn’s sunglasses were a big hit.



The Daane family. Jenn and I used to teach dance together. She’s from Alaska. She moved to Seattle and then I moved to Alaska. Weird.


We topped the day off with some ice cream. My kids are not awesome at eating ice cream. So LJ gave us some tips.


Also Doobie has a big bonk on his noggin.


Three J’s and one LJ tearing up Seattle.


We had a wonderful day!

1 comment:

bizandsteve said...

That looks like a blast. I'd never been to an aquarium until Korea. I can't wait to go back and see Seattles!