Friday, June 24, 2011

Zoomania

This was actually one of the first things we did upon our arrival in Seattle but the sheer quantity of photos I took deterred me from blogging it promptly. Especially since my laptop can only handle uploading one photo at a time. But now I’m home and it’s time to get this one in the books.


Promptly upon our arrival in Seattle, my bestie Kelly and I took my kids to the zoo. She was visiting from San Diego and we had only an evening and a day to catch up on four years of not hanging out. We started out with dinner the night before with some other friends at a Mexican restaurant. The next day was “Rachelle and Kelly Day!” and we took my kids to the Woodland Park Zoo. I love the zoo.

In the words of my absolute favorite photographer ever, Jasmine Star, "sheep just don’t do it for me." Loosely translated, it means, I don’t enjoy taking photos of things. I need people. So in this case, lions and tigers and bears just didn’t do it for me. So, there aren’t many pictures of animals. Well, at least not the type you may be thinking of. *smirk*



Entering the rainforest.


What a GLORIOUS day!


Being spiders on the spider web.


Walking and navigating with the zoo map.


Some giraffes.



I'm a hip-hop-opotamus.


Some crazy monkeys


Resting near the lion cage.


Yoga break.


Yay! Elephant.


Staring at the elephants.


A whole zoo of fascinating animals and we got sidetracked by ANTS.


Visiting with a monkey.









It was a really big day.

The following is a little montage I like to call, "Auntie Kelly Points At Stuff."




No comments: