Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Camping Friday

On Friday morning we packed up Rory the RV and drove about three hours North-ish to our friend's property just outside of Glennallen, Alaska. They have a parking lot on a lake with access to unending miles of muddy trails for the avid 4-wheeler enthusiasts. We spent the first day just playing in the lake, roasting marshmallows and shooting guns.


The Peanut Gallery. The kids sat safely on the machines while other people shot guns at cans on sticks in the lake.


This was my first time EVER shooting a gun. If you think I look terrified, I am. But I checked it off the bucket list.


Grandma Diana came along and shot some too.


Darrin is serious about his can shooting.


Doobie was very protective of this 4-wheeler. He threw a screaming tantrum anytime somebody came near him. So he ended up banished from the machines after some hand-to-backside attention.


Dinner in the RV. Barbecued chicken, mandarin oranges and noodle salad. Jake apparently does not care for noodle salad. This was made abundantly clear when I forced him to eat a bite and he threw up.


Earlier in the day we played in the lake. I mean swamp.


Doobie is finally big enough to done the waders and wade through the muck. Leaches don't stick to waders.


Daddy was looking for a safe way across to the other bank. He never found one.


Jake did though. He just walked straight across while we hoped and prayed he didn't fall over and force one of us (and by that I mean Daddy) to go swimming after him.


Jordy loves splashing around in her mud stompin' boots.


There goes Jake again.


This kid LIVES for stressing me out.


But he made it back and forth safely several times. I guess he's a big boy and they like doing big boy things like that.












3 comments:

Raychel said...

My favorite trip was 4-wheeling up there. I wish I could do it again.

anna3 said...

Looks like alot of fun. I do miss the chance to do stuff like that up there.

J and B said...

Seriously you grew up in the Valley, have how many brothers and a cop dad and you NEVER shot again? Oh wait, either have I. I want to have summer vacation in Alaska!