Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Camping Saturday

Just so you know...it's really hard from children to sleep all night long when it's daylight ALL NIGHT LONG. There only so many ways to black out an RV and none of them work. So after about six hours of sleep, we dragged (drug?) Jake along on an exhilerating adventure into the Alaskan back country. Dust and mud. Tastes like dirt.


Standing on the edge of the world.




I love this picture of my boys having guy talk and admiring the view.


Riding through rivers is a great way to wash the road dust off.


But I was so covered in dust, there was no hope for me. I rode at the back of the pack on a hot and dry day. The trails were so dusty nobody could see anything. We had to spread way out.


Jakey loved river riding. It was his favorite part of the trip.


Sometimes somebody would get stuck in the mud.


Sometimes EVERYBODY got stuck in the mud.


We are going again next weekend for our anniversary.

No comments: