Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Happy Birthday Baby Brother!

This entry was actually supposed to post yesterday, but for some reason it didn't publish and I didn't notice until this morning...



26 years ago today, I was staying with my Aunt Pat while my mom was having a baby. Being the only girl in the midst of three boys, I was seriously hoping for a sister. It was beyond hope actually. I was praying desperately. I was about 5 or 6 years old and I have a fuzzy memory of being with my cousin, Kaycee when her mom came in to give us the big news.

"It's a boy!"

Aunt Pat and Kaycee squealed with joy while I collapsed into inconsolable tears. Four brothers. A fact that seemed incredibly tortuous to me in that moment. 26 years later I can now appreciate the situation. My brothers all agree that I was spoiled rotten as the only girl, an accusation that I vehemently deny in public. My baby brother turned out to be an amazing blessing (eventually) and I love him so much. He is awesome in every way and I'm so glad he's not a girl.

Happy Birthday to my baby brother, Josh. He is 26 today (I'm pretty sure). And he reads my blog (I think), so Josh, I hope you have a wonderful day!


Uncle Josh and Baby Jake 2007


Uncle Josh with Jordan and Jake where we celebrated his birthday two years ago. Hurray for the zoo!


Josh and I 2009

No comments: