Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Tiny Dancer



Today was a big day for Jordan - and a HUGE day for me. Her very first official dance class at Studio 49. The living vicariously through my only daughter has begun.


Getting the hang of those little tappers. Slippery little suckers.


Heel, toe across the floor. The older girls were student teachers. They were awesome. Always holding hands and correcting feet and arms.


Now toe, heel back across the floor.


Now, slide to the side...


No, that would be sideways please...


Now she's got it.


We have just changed into our acro shoes. Some ballet positions on the floor. Here is a plie in first position.


An attempt at fifth position. I LOVE her fat little belly.


Watching the mats be put out.


Now we're tumbling.


And bear walking.


Now we're tumbling backwards.


Rolling like a crayon. A RED crayon.


No, not traumatized. Just rocking.


Jordy's kickin' it freestyle at the end of class. I taught her that move. It loses a little something in the translation I think.

Please forgive me for the poor photo quality. I didn't want to use my flash and disturb the class and also, I dropped my camera about an hour before and things weren't working right after that. So I'd appreciate it if you'd indulge me by considering it as artistic flair rather than equipment malfunction and operator clumsiness.

3 comments:

Raychel said...

She looks SO stinkin' cute! Oh my.

J and B said...

I think that is the cutest thing I've ever seen!

Jen said...

Yahoo for Jordy and vicarious living through daughters. Such an exciting day. And it looks like she's a natural dancer. Her plie looks great for a first time dancer. Did you teach her that one too?