Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Munchkee is FOUR!


Happy birthday to my sweet baby Jordan! Four years ago today, after 5 short (but intense) hours of labor, Jordan Emily Powers was born at 3:52pm (during the Dr. Phil show - yes I was watching) at Providence Hospital in Anchorage, Alaska. She weighed 7 pounds 8.5 ounces and was 20 inches long.

Meeting big brother for the first time. This poke in the eye would foreshadow the next four years very acurately.


Bundled up on her sweet blanket made by Lucy.

We are getting ready for a fabulous day of fun so expect more pictures later...or tomorrow...or whenever I get to it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Jordy!!! When we first placed a newborn Amber in Austin's lap, he immediately kissed her. That would NOT be an indicator of the rest of her life. He should have just poked her in the eye and not set us up to believe he was going to be some sort of angel big brother.

Jordy dancing is adorable. I have a question. I know she's not school age yet, but can she continue dance lessons when she goes to ACS? I started there in the 7th grade and had been dancing since I was in kindergarten. And I had to quit because it was against the rules. So here I sit 28 years later and still have a bit of bitterness over that one. It was classical ballet, people!! Anyway, I was wondering if they've let up on that one :-)

BTW - Amber took ballet from 4 until she was 6. We moved and she didn't want to do it anymore.

Raychel said...

Happy birthday Jordy.. I love you sweet girl.

anna3 said...

Wow! It's hard to believe she is four and we have been gone that long. We left a couple of weeks before she was born. Hope you guys had a great time celebrating!