Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Our Labor Day Weekend

What? More sunshine? I'll take it.

It was a tough decision to stay home for the long weekend this year. Especially because the weather was, dare I say, RAD. However, Darrin had a ton of homework to finish up for this coming week and so we did the responsible thing and did not go camping/fourwheeling with our friends. There were a few tinges of regret in there at times though.

That's not to say we didn't have ANY fun, because we did. We made the most of our weekend with some super fantastic family fun time on a more localized level.

On Saturday, I headed out with some friends to a neat little place called McHugh Creek for a photo shoot to celebrate their 10th anniversary. My girl, Tracy and I spent hours taking advantage of the awesome location. I took almost 900 photos that night. Just the day before I had driven out there during school with Jordan and Josh to scope the scene. I forgot to bring my camera. DOH!


The Muffins, smooching in the sunset.

During our shoot (on and around some railroad tracks) the train came by.


Hello train.

On Sunday after church, we took the kids and some canoes to Cheney Lake.








Finally, on Monday, we rode our bikes down to Goose Lake to play on the beach. On our bike ride we stopped a couple of times to enjoy the views of the road from the pedestrian overpasses.




As usual, the bees were buzzing. I don't know what's going on in Alaska but the bees are EVERYWHERE. It's a plague of bees. At the lake, Jake was stung on the bottom of his foot. He handled his second bee sting of the year with a tad more composure than the first one.

Aside from bees, we also learned about leeches. This lake is full of leeches and we could seem them everywhere. Nobody got sucked on though.



2 comments:

Jen said...

FUN. Although I hate leeches so much that I shutter at the mention of them.

Michelle's Day said...

LOVE the Cheney Lake canoe shots -- and the whole idea of canoes on the lake! But the picture of the kids on the overlook scared me to death! :-)