Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Disney World Day 2

So, day 2 started off a little slow...

But then we hopped a tour bus to Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure.  We got there early enough that the entire park was EMPTY.   

The kids and I wandered aimlessly for a bit.  This was a tough day for us because every ride we thought we’d like to try, my kids were to small to ride without an adult.  Well, there was only one of me soooooo....it didn’t really work out.


Jake refused to be in the pic with the T-Rex.  He was slightly freaked out by it.

This swing ride had zero people in line.  So even though each child required an adult rider, they were each able to wait their turn to ride with me because there was nobody around to steal them.  I rode six times in a row.

Then we found this giant play area.  I have no idea how big it is because I never saw the whole thing.  We played here for several hours before meeting up with hubby. 

Hubby took us all on the Spiderman ride which was pretty amazing.  Jordan hated it and screamed and cried the WHOLE TIME.  But everyone enjoyed meeting Spiderman afterward.

Then we walked over to the kid area.  WHERE WAS THIS WHEN I NEEDED IT EARLIER IN THE DAY?  Kid rides!


It was a bright, bright sunshiny day.  I know it seems like Jordan is pouting here, but she was showing me her diva pose with her new Diva sunglasses.

Hula hooping outside of Bubba Gump Shrimp at lunch.



After lunch a group of us walked to the Universal Studios side of the park.




We met Scooby!


and Curious George!


We watched break dancers!

At some point during the walk through Universal, the kids and I ended up on our own again.  By then the crowd was intense and I was overwhelmed by trying to keep track of the kids in the midst of the crush of people.  

I found another area geared towards kids and the kids ran around another giant playground for about 10 minutes before a small bathroom emergency erupted.  I ended up leaving two kids alone while dealing with the third, and when we came out of the bathroom, I couldn’t find them for several minutes.  That was enough for me.

So I took them out of the park into the Citywalk area between Universal and Islands of Adventure.  Here we found a geyser fountain and played for a couple hours while waiting for our group.

The kids were soaked and they had each only brought one pair of shoes BUT, they were having fun (finally) and I didn’t care.  So I just dried their shoes out with a hair dryer later that evening.  :)

And that was Day 2.

No comments: