Thursday, January 12, 2012

It’s Christmas Time!

 Merry Christmas!!!
I can’t believe I’m finally catching up and blogging about Christmas.  Going to Disney and coming back home right before Christmas definitely made things a little hectic.  But we did manage to squeeze in our favorite tradition on Christmas Eve Eve.

Let the gingerbread house extravaganza begin!
 Now, I’ve never used the preassembled houses before and while they saved on time (and carpel tunnel) they didn’t hold up well.  They were mostly broken inside the box and Jake’s dropped his box down the stairs so it definitely didn’t survive.  So he decorated only half a house.


On Christmas Eve, the babies got their traditional new PJs.

 And even though everyone has caught on to the truth about Santa Claus (thanks a lot Jordan), they still loved putting out the cookies, milk and carrots.



One of my favorite Christmas traditions when I was little was reading Twas the Night Before Christmas with my dad.  I think my kids sort of love it too.


Once the kids were nestled all snug in their beds, Santa came.  But first he had to wrap for two hours.

That Santa!  He’s so clever!

Christmas morning!  I love the excitement!

Let the Nerf gun battles begin!

Jordy wanted a Dora basketball and we couldn’t find one anywhere!  So we got her a girly one instead.  She loved it.

And princess stuff!

Doobie received a barrel of army figures complete with battle accessories.  

And he loves to draw on his new easel.

There is a place in town where I have to go a lot to drop off paperwork and they have a toy area with a cash register.  My kids are obsessed with it.  Mostly Doobie because he’s the one who’s usually with me when I’m running errands.  So we got him a cash machine for Christmas and Jordy confiscated it.  For a little while. 

Christmas this year was crazy busy and hectic but we never forgot the reason for the season!  Praise God for all his blessings on our little family.

No comments: