Sunday, December 27, 2009

Apron Project

This year I decided to make December more hectic by starting an apron project. The genius idea was to sew aprons for my friends for Christmas. I fell in love with this particular pattern when I saw it online so I tracked it down on ebay. Then I went to JoAnn Fabrics and was severely disappointed in the fabric selection there. The only fabrics I liked were home decor (dry clean only) designs. With a little research, I tracked down a store in town that specialized in designer apparel fabrics.

I picked out three fabrics for each reversable apron and went home to start sewing. The project was a little larger than I anticipated. Each apron took me about about eight times longer to create than I expected. Inevitably, I ran out of time. So here we are a few days past Christmas and some aprons still aren't finished. They will be though. Eventually.

Here are the ones I DID manage to complete.

2 comments:

Raychel said...

CUTE!!! I love them. I didn't know you could sew. When I come visit next time, will you teach me a thing or two? I would love to learn and buy a machine and do projects (like that) at home.

Michelle's Day said...

VERY impressive! great first line of the post :-)