Wednesday, December 02, 2009

So Long 2009

Wow. So incredibly busy.

I feel like I have done nothing but work on photos for the past two weeks. Things are winding down at the moment though. The last of our Christmas session orders are being processed, we have a photoshoot this Saturday with a three month old and then a small wedding on the 19th. Other than that, we have taken the rest of December off. WE NEED THIS TIME OFF! If, for nothing else, just to get the laundry done and the bathrooms cleaned. I have more blog posts coming soon, with pictures of Thanksgiving, playing in the snow and decorating for Christmas. Like I mentioned on facebook, our house looks like Christmas threw up all over it, and it had eaten glitter for dinner.

Before I get to all that though, I want to begin a little project that I will never finish. You know how it is. Blogger Gwen Bell has challenged the blogosphere to do a best of 2009 year in review blog EVERY DAY IN DECEMBER. Two friends are already on board and you can catch Megan at The Novice Mom , she's the beauty and brains behind Peekaboo Picks and Jennifer at SOHO Wife. Jennifer and I used to dance at the same dance studio back in the day and her mom used to manage my brother's band. ANYWAY, each day deals with a new topic. I'm a day late, so I'm not going to tell you about the best trip I took in 2009 which happened to be Cabo San Lucas, Mexico for our 10 year anniversary (followed closely both literally and figuratively by a Twilight induced geek fest in Forks, Wa).



Right now though, I will be talking about today's topic, the best restaurant moment of 2009.

December 2nd - Restaurant Moment

We don't eat out a whole bunch anymore so you'd think it would be easy to think of a best moment, yet here I sit, struggling to come up with something. I'm one who usually thinks the best moments are ones that didn't seem so great at the moment but are hilarious to look back on now. Like when Jake was a baby and we where sitting in the Cattle Company restaurant in Anchorage with friends and I was holding Jake over my shoulder to burp him and he projectile vomited all over the wall behind me. Gross enough, but not Earth shattering, unless you consider the fact that the wall was made from unpeeled logs and the vomit got stuck all up in the cracks and crevices of the bark. We made a hasty exit. A year or two after that Darrin and I found ourselves eating dinner at a super fancy restaurant at the top of the Captain Hook hotel (a gift). The evening took a bad turn the moment the waiter put the napkin in Darrin's lap for him. Oiy. I tried to lighten the mood by cooking my beef tartar appetizer (raw beef chunks) over the candle on our table and in doing so, dripped beef juice into the candle promptly extinguishing it. The waiter came by, noticed our dead candle and relit it, thereby releasing the strong scent of flame broiled beef into the immediate vicinity. Because the restaurant was the type that fed you three crumbs as a meal, we went to McDonalds afterwards. A craving inspired by the scent of a beef flavored candle.

But these are old stories and I need to think of something for 2009. I think perhaps this will do.


A restaurant at the Westin Resort in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. Good friends, good food. Well, interesting food anyway.

Wanna play?






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A blog every day? GAH. I did that in December and wanted to kill myself by the time the 30th rolled around. Maybe I'll do it, but not sign up on the blog list. That way if I don't make it, I have let no one down but myself.