Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas Day Chaos

Christmas Day was awesome. Fun, exciting and relaxing all at the same time. We stayed in our PJs all day and just spent time together playing with toys. At one point the kids all disappeared into various corners of the house to play and Darrin and I were left sitting in a pile of Legos, fighting over the pieces to the fire station we were building "together".

Darrin made us a prime rib for dinner and I'm pretty sure that that is going to be our new go-to holiday meal. That was some good meat right there. We had other eats too but I can't seem to remember what they were because all I can think about is prime rib. The only thing better than prime rib on Christmas is left over prime rib the day after...and the day after that.

Something is wrong with this blog situation and I can only load one picture at a time. Each picture takes about fifteen minutes to load and since I (surprisingly) don't sit in front of my computer all day every day, this has taken three days to finish. So here are some of our Christmas pictures. Please excuse the quality, I was using my point and shoot camera because my other camera's memory card is still full of wedding photos from two weeks ago.


Doobie's "big present" was this sweet drum set. It is awesome. It is also completely adorable. He is going to take after his Uncle JR someday.


Jordy is very into being a "little mommy" these days. I never thought this day would come but she absolutely loves to follow me around and help me do dishes and laundry. We have to call her "mommy Jordy" or "little mommy" when she is in mommy mode. So her big present was this kitchen. She hasn't stopped cooking for us since.


The big Star Wars fan of the house received this incredibly intricate Battle Walker. It holds a multitude of Star Wars guys, it shoots things and it makes all sorts of cool sound effects. Someone was VERY EXCITED about it. Jake was too. :)


All my little artists received lots of fun art stuff for Christmas. Coloring books, finger paints, crayons, pens and MORE! If you've never used Color Wonder coloring supplies, you are missing out. They are amazing. They are regular coloring pens that only color on the special color books. They also never dry out no matter how long you leave the lids off. And we found some color wonder finger paints too. No mess. Just fun. HELLO!


The Lego pile. Awesome.


Figuring out how to transform our new Transformers.


I have three little puzzle finatics in this house. I LOVE PUZZLES!

I hope everyone out there had a wonderful, blessed and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

1 comment:

Michelle's Day said...

cute pictures! i love it when kids do art activities :-) my kids are WAY too involved in the wii lately -- i need to get them creating something instead :-)