Sunday, January 11, 2009

Third Day Concert

Last night Darrin and I went to the Third Day concert. I didn't even know they were coming to town until a few days ago. Darrin knew but didn't realize I would want to go(WHAT??) so after I berated him, he went and rummaged up some tickets from work (YIPPEE!)

The concert was amazing. Our seats were amazing. The performances were amazing. The song choices were amazing. They even did a request time (never heard of that in a rock concert before) and that was amazing too. It was funny because sometimes they couldn't remember the words to an old song or they couldn't remember what key to start in.

For the encore they ended with Angus Dei and had the audience finish the song. And before we were done singing the band walked off the stage and we kept singing. So the whole show ended as a worship service and I love how the band made it so not about them but about the Lord at that moment.

Did I mention it was AMAZING??? And guess who forgot their camera?

ALSO, they just announced their spring tour so I'm including a couple of dates for my friends throughout the country so that you'll go see them.

Fairfax, VA at the Patriot Center on April 2nd
Tulsa, OK at Mabee Center on April 14th
Macon, GA at Ingleside Baptist Church on April 17
Redmond, WA at Overlake Christian Church on May 7
Tualitin, OR at Rolling Hills Community Church on May 8

GO GET TICKETS!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We finally had to get to the point of not going to every concert that came through here. We were going to need a second mortgage if we kept that up!!! But, I promised myself that the next time Third Day came through we'd go. Tualitin is basically Portland so we're going!! I love them - I'm so glad you had a great time :-)

Raychel said...

Thanks for including Tulsa! I will have to look into buying some tickets. It sounds like such and amazing show. I would love to see them!